Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Big Thanks

So I have to give big thanks from a thankful heart to the great harvest party we went to at church on Halloween. They had great games, great activities and they gave away (among many other good prizes) goldfish as prizes . Whose idea was this? They do not have children. I talked to so many parents that night who were trying to leave the poor goldfish on the table. I saw one fish hovering in its cup over the abyss that is the garbage can. One genius friend would not allow her boys to take a fish home when they won it. I aspire to be like her. NO! You may not take a suicidal fish home. It will die within a week. It will not be here next week. How do you explain this to giddy children who just won a goldfish? Soooo...Daddy was sent to get fish food on the way home from work the next day...and forgot. He remembered on Friday (after Sarah's fish died) and the remaining goldfish ate and ate and seemed quite content in the vase we offered as a home.

Update. The fish is dead. I repeat. Ryan's fish that lived for six days is dead. Sarah's fish lived for two days and she was so upset when it died. Unlike my dear sister's children who laughed when they flushed their first dead goldfish, mine did not laugh. Ryan even told me earlier today that he really liked his fish. "It's my first pet." Oh buddy, we've got to do better than this. We'll get you a real pet someday.Life is hard, kids. Get over it.

Sorry, Kristen for copying the above pic. It was too good to pass up!

No comments:

Post a Comment