Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Weed Slayer

Master Bedroom currently: unknown flat paint in a great brown color and a yucky cranberry with hodge podge carpet. Seriously, people, can we get something cohesive here?

You really can't see in this picture how wrong this green is.


That is my title of the day: Weed Slayer. Every day at our new home (aka "the house") I have been tediously weeding our very large driveway with the help of my little ankle biters.
Ankle biter #4
Little man will have nothing to do with me leaving him to his own accord while I clean windows or floors inside. He hasn't been feeling well and has been close to me at all times recently. Poor little guy. I leave "the house" every night after spending the evening there to come home to our home of almost 12 years and feel more attached to our new home. I think God was so gracious to give us time to break up with our house here! We're renting back from the new owners and will be officially moving October 3! I'm so excited.

We've had some consults with the contractor and we will start demolishing the walls between the kitchen/living room and kitchen/dining room this weekend. We have a line out the door of friends and family who want to put a hole in the wall. It feels good to destroy things. Useless walls are a good way to get out some aggression. The painter will start Saturday if I can get a few hours to myself tomorrow (thanks, MOM!) to finalize our paint colors. No more cranberry walls in our master bedroom and no more flat paint. Blech. Who can have flat paint with many children? Not me. I have narrowed down our Master Bedroom paint colors to Sherwin Williams' Whole Wheat or Latte. I think. This is how I am with paint. For our Master Bathroom I think we're going with Sherwin Williams' Grassland or Oyster Bay with Sea Salt on most of the walls. It's a very dark bathroom with slate floors, slate shower surround and tub surround so it really needs mostly light walls. I can't wait to post the "after" pictures.

3 comments:

  1. Kelly! Thank you so so so much for the scripture today. I'm going to write it down and carry it with me. XO, Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kelly! :) I'm a home-renovating, homeschooling, Christian mom of four, too!!! :) Found you through Layla and the leaf blower contest. I'd love to see some more photos of your home and progress. It's a little nutty trying to school, sand, paint, live, love, serve, and raise godly little people all at once. I admit, it gets to me sometimes. But, the LORD is gracious and He is my strength. It's good to be beyond my own resources.

    Hope things are going well!

    Jacci in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I came across your blog through the lettered cottage..as soon as your music started playing i was like omg...love this blog. haha. goodluck with all your projects. we are moving soon to open up a soup kitchen and our new place has lots of projects like this too! fun fun..especially when you have little ones who want to participate or cuddle while you are trying to re-caulk the tub. :)

    ReplyDelete