Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fifteen years



On this day in 1994 I became Shane's wife, and it was such a surreal day. I had turned 20 ten days prior, and now looking back I think about how young I was. I was young in so many ways! I didn't know how to cook, I didn't know about sacrifice that's required in marriage, I didn't know what it meant to be a Godly wife. That is something I'm still learning. Marriage is amazing. It's fun. It's tiresome. It's gritty and ugly sometimes. But, it's an amazing gift. Because all good gifts come from above, I know it's been a gift to share these last 15 years with Shane. He is a good man. He loves people. He loves his family. He loves me! I am unlovable at times, and he still remains firm in his commitment to me. I'm so thankful.



I awoke this morning, jumped in the shower to get ready for our son returning fairly early from a sleepover, and was met at the bathroom door after my shower with breakfast on a tray presented by my daughter and her friend with Daddy right behind them. It was a precious offering and made me feel so loved. And I got DB coffee! Who could feel more loved than when someone brings coffee, especially since we have an espresso machine here at home! I came out to the living room to find roses everywhere. It was a sweet way to start the day. From there the day commenced much like any other day. Kids fought. Kids spilled things; today it was the roses. The baby! Laundry is being done. Life carries on. I am looking forward to a quiet evening with just the two of us while the kids go to our friend's house. It's a blessing to have friends or family who love your kiddos and welcome them into your home (all of them!)

I love you, my sweet husband, and I'm so very thankful that God brought us together. We have shared so much, and this is the treasure of marriage. There are memories to comfort, to make us laugh, to teach us, and to remind us. The days are fleeting, and the years go quickly. God has given us four children so far to raise up as arrows in this dark world. I pray that the next 15 years and beyond will allow us to begin to see the fruit of our efforts. I pray that the next 15 years will be more glorious, more wonderful, more loving than the first. What a blessing the journey has been so far!

Malachi 2:15-16 Has not the LORD made them one? In flesh and spirit they are his. And why one? Because he was seeking godly offspring. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith with the wife of your youth.


Isaiah 40:28-31 ~ Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Let us not grow weary in our marriages. They are a treasure and our life is a vapor. I'm so thankful for my life and our marriage!


No comments:

Post a Comment