Tuesday, August 4, 2009

To the moon...

Fresh from the womb


Our sweet Matthew Joel was born three years ago today, and it's always nostalgic on a birthday to reflect on how quickly the years go by. His birthday was a scheduled c-section the morning after my 32nd birthday so those two days were full of fun, anxiety and precious memories. He arrived at 8:14 a.m. on that morning in 2006 and he was greeted with love, laughter and tears of joy when Shane brought him to the waiting area to introduce him to everyone. It was just a magical time! *Blink.* It's 2009.Happy 3rd Birthday, my sweet boy

My precious boy, you are a gift whose seed was planted in my heart 1 1/2 years before you came to us. You have brought so much laughter and joy to our home. You are funny. You are determined. You are feisty. You are loving. You snuggle. You climb. You laugh. You demand. You are helpful. You love "warm tummy." You also love "jojo noche." You want to "why?" about everything. You are curious. You have just started praying out loud..."Father..." You think you're big. In some ways you are, but to me, you are still fresh from my womb. I want to hold you closer, hold you tighter, and you are telling me that you want to go! I'm embarrassed at how many times I have had to go looking outside for you after you've escaped and found you chatting with a neighbor. They laugh, and I wonder when protective services is coming! Matthew, you are a boy who is going places! I pray so often for your physical and spiritual protection. This world looks pretty in some ways, but our treasure is in heaven! You have been a treasure to us, and it is such a privilege watching you grow. Thanks for being such a loving boy, and I will always "love you to the moon, and back to the ocean and to the beach." You are a boy after my own heart.

Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Yay Kelly! I thought you had left the bloggin' world, I didn't even realize your blog got deleted. Bummer.

    I love you words about Matthew (kinda reminds me a little of Wyatt :) Hope his day was special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ditto Lindsay: I loved reading your words about Matthew. Everything I read made me think of a particular instance with him. Such a sweet little man!

    ReplyDelete