Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Paradise

***This post was obviously from over at my old blog, but at least it’s here!

I’m so excited every time I see my blog now…it’s just the template I’ve been looking for and it makes me so happy to see it! For all of you who have seen (and laughed at) my many blog changes, you can rest assured that I have found “the one” and will not be making changes willy-nilly any more!

It is really pathetic how brain-washed my sweet dd is and this morning I could hear her pretending (I was in the same room but “ignored” her so as to not interrupt her monologue). She was acting out a scene from “The Sound of Music” but adding her own flair to it. “Oh, Liesl, will you please come to Kauai?” “Of course I will, Frederic.” “Oh good, I’ve seen parachutes and oceans…” That was the end of her private drama but I thought it was cute that Kauai comes up in so many of our conversations. As beautiful as Kauai is and as close to paradise as I’ve ever seen, I make sure to tell the kids that God was amazingly creative in his dramatic creation of our world, but just imagine how much more amazing heaven will be. I have found paradise in my marriage (although far from perfect, I know Shane’s the one God made for me), in my little family that we’ve made, in my friendships, etc. I’m so incredibly thankful!

Where is your paradise ? Near or far? I’m always looking for travel ideas and I’m always planning the next trip! Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment